Sketching on Affinty Photo for Ipad

I use AP for photo editing.Recently I started sketching on Apple Notes native app with pen and pencil.

I am looking for resources on sketching on AP for IPad. There are so many customisations in the brush tool for pencil and pen that it becomes a bit overwhelming for a beginner like me.

When I try to do Google search I mostly get AD videos.I am not keen on buying it just for basic sketching stuff.

Could someone please share beginner friendly sketching tutorials for AP.

Thanks 

Abby

I assume you’ve looked at the Help that comes with the app?

I know it’s a bit obscure, because you have to go out to the Home Screen to see the link to it (top right).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not recommending Affinity Suite as an equivalent to Adobe to professional colleagues yet, and don't see myself doing so in the near future. 1) Too many basic but fundamental features aren't there, & 2) Too many inconsistencies between apps, within apps, and between ipad v desktop. (It's a shame because I'm a big fan, but I just can't lie to colleagues telling them it’s an equivalent when it isn’t). See my profile for background.

Affinity Designer & Photo (iPad & Desktop) + Publisher (Currently Desktop only available).
iPad 12.9"/512GB Gen4 c/w Apple Pencil Gen2 + Macbook Pro 17" (soon to be replaced, hopefully). Nikon D7200 & Fuji X100F

8 hours ago, ProDesigner said:

I assume you’ve looked at the Help that comes with the app?

I know it’s a bit obscure, because you have to go out to the Home Screen to see the link to it (top right).

It’s available online now. :)

https://affinity.help/photoipad

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.10 • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.10 • Designer for iPad 1.10 • iPadOS 15.5 (iPad Air 2)

12 hours ago, DM1 said:

And offline

I tried to search for your pdf in the forum to link to here @DM1, but failed... glad you’ve popped along and added it.

I'm not recommending Affinity Suite as an equivalent to Adobe to professional colleagues yet, and don't see myself doing so in the near future. 1) Too many basic but fundamental features aren't there, & 2) Too many inconsistencies between apps, within apps, and between ipad v desktop. (It's a shame because I'm a big fan, but I just can't lie to colleagues telling them it’s an equivalent when it isn’t). See my profile for background.

Affinity Designer & Photo (iPad & Desktop) + Publisher (Currently Desktop only available).
iPad 12.9"/512GB Gen4 c/w Apple Pencil Gen2 + Macbook Pro 17" (soon to be replaced, hopefully). Nikon D7200 & Fuji X100F

4 hours ago, ProDesigner said:

I tried to search for your pdf in the forum to link to here @DM1, but failed... glad you’ve popped along and added it.

Mods pinned the Designer help file but not yet pinned the photo help file. I added the download links to my sig but people rarely look at sigs 🙂.

5837094A-7BE9-4FC9-930C-9A0643FB73F1.jpeg

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 15.3 Apple Pencil (1st gen), Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.help/

PDF Help files available here:

Affinity Photo 1.9.2-help.pdf 

Affinity Designer Help File 1.9.7.pdf