Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.4.1082

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes and Improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.4.1082 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update from the 1.9.2 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

This beta has a performance focus. We have addressed a number of issues particularly with the handling of placed images and documents. If you notice performance improvements (or regressions!) over 1.9.2, or if you notice bugs which appear to have been introduced in 1.9.4, please let us know.

• Resource Manager Improvements
    • New 'Relink' option for missing resources
    • New 'File Type' column in Resource Manager
    • Improved efficiency when updating Resources for some documents
    • Show progress for long operations
  • Improved memory management for placed PDFs set to Passthrough
  • Improved output of placed PDFs set to Passthrough to targets not supporting Passthrough
  • Artboard Labels could disappear
  • Fixed some issues with Picture Frame content scaling

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

New 'Relink' option for missing resources

Thanks for including that. Works well.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I'm seeing a regression in memory uses and in resource panel access in both memory use and time.  This is on the HOK project I sent in to the team with Mandarin characters.   This is for PDF Links.

24 minutes ago, dozer77 said:

I'm seeing a regression in memory uses and in resource panel access in both memory use and time.  This is on the HOK project I sent in to the team with Mandarin characters.   This is for PDF Links.

Garbage collection must not be working well... or there must be a memory leak.  I closed the document that is causing the issues and the app gives back no memory. 

image.thumb.png.3a26a17042acd7eebaecd1fe9e5acd22.png

On 6/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, Jon P said:

@dozer77 I have a test file with many linked PDF's that is taking up a lot of memory when resource manager is open and eventually writing to my disk and using most of that up, I'll get this logged.

I just test this file on the Mac Beta of Publisher and the experience is night and day.  No hanging in the Resources Menu, Open and Save is fast.  Windows hardware is fast Samsung 970 pro NVME  and 2070 GPU...all files local.   

Image scaling doesn't seem to be working or does lock children when applying images to the master and then using on pages.

I confirmed this is an issue in the current Windows version as well.  Also I can't seem to reproducer the bug I saw ...where the image frames showed in the preview pages but not on the page... 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.