You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I installed the Nik Collection 4 on my desktop (Big Sur 11.4), and the installation occurred with no problem. However, both Silver Efex Pro and Viveza running in Affinity Photo 1.9.3 and the beta 1.9.4.243 are missing the Apply button that should appear at the bottom of the screen. I checked this on another non-Adobe editor that normally runs Nik plugins, and the same error occurs there. 

IMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017, 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 64GB memory. macOS 13.4.1

37 minutes ago, OldRadioGuy said:

I checked this on another non-Adobe editor that normally runs Nik plugins, and the same error occurs there. 

Perhaps something to be reported to the Nik developers?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

If its working with the version 1.9.3 and not with the beta 1.9.4.243 I would search in the beta because its the only part that has changed...

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps something to be reported to the Nik developers?

I did. Got the typical response suggesting it's something in my system with detailed instructions suggesting among other things that I use Safari for downloading the plugin package again and a reminder they don't support the other third-party, non-Adobe editor.

IMac Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017, 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 64GB memory. macOS 13.4.1

I have try to install the plugins by following the instructions at https://help-nikcollection4.dxo.com/install_activate and it does not work. I uninstalled Nik Collection and reinstalled it and it still does not work. I have installed the plugins in Applications/Nik Collection/Dxo. When I open a tif file in Affinity Photo and try to use Silver Efex or Viveza nothing is happening. I have the last version of Big Sur on a Mac Mini M1. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

• Staff

Hi @artofmtl,
Go to the Applications folder, right-click the Affinity Photo app, select Get Info then tick Open Using Rosetta in the General section to force Affinity Photo to run as an Intel application instead (to ensure compatibility with photoshop plugins). This should make it work. If not can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop Plugins panel in Affinity Photo Preferences please? Thank you.

Nik Collection 4 only supports Apple M1 chips via Rosetta 2 emulation.

3 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @artofmtl,
Go to the Applications folder, right-click the Affinity Photo app, select Get Info then tick Open Using Rosetta in the General section to force Affinity Photo to run as an Intel application instead (to ensure compatibility with photoshop plugins). This should make it work.

Hi Meb, I will try that but by doing this losing am I the speed of the Universal version? Thank you

7 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @artofmtl,
Go to the Applications folder, right-click the Affinity Photo app, select Get Info then tick Open Using Rosetta in the General section to force Affinity Photo to run as an Intel application instead (to ensure compatibility with photoshop plugins). This should make it work.

Hi @MEB Its working by using Rosetta. Thank you

• Staff

Hi @artofmtl,
Yes, theoretically running in emulation should be slower than running the app natively, but it shouldn't affect your workflow noticeably. DxO is aware of these limitations (it also affects Photoshop) so i believe it's a question of time until they make their plugins compatible with M1.

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2021 at 4:22 PM, MEB said:

Hi @artofmtl,
Go to the Applications folder, right-click the Affinity Photo app, select Get Info then tick Open Using Rosetta in the General section to force Affinity Photo to run as an Intel application instead (to ensure compatibility with photoshop plugins). This should make it work. If not can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop Plugins panel in Affinity Photo Preferences please? Thank you.

Nik Collection 4 only supports Apple M1 chips via Rosetta 2 emulation.

Hi MEB,

I just installed affinity 1.10 and nik 4 on a brand new macbook pro with big sur (updated). When i select any nik plugin from the filters menu, nothing happens, they just don't start. I tried the "open with rosetta" trick and the apparently launch and work correctly. more than 2 months have passed since nik 4 was released. Do youi have any feedback from dxo?

thank you very much

stefano

take care,

stefano

• 8 months later...

Dear Mel,

I have a Mac Mini 1 running Monterey, and Nik does not work with Affinity.  Help!  I love Affinity, and I can do without Nik if I can selectively sharpen in Affinity.  Is the best way to do this is select a part of the photo let us say an eye and use Affinity's unsharpen mask?