You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Column Guides Question

Hi There: This may be a question that I think should be possible, but isn't. I'm trying to create a page layout that has an image aligned vertically on the left side of the page, with two, equal-size text columns beside it. I create the image frame box the right size, no problem. I went to Guide Manager and entered two columns, one row, but the two columns span the width of the page (including the image frame). I tried setting the X-offset using the ruler to the 3" width of the image frame, but that had no effect on the column width. I could manually calculate the remaining width of the page and use manual rulers to set the dimensions but I was trying to avoid doing that.

Of course, in the time it's taken me to type this I could be done, but I'm just beginning with Publisher and stumbling my way along as I go.

Thanks,
Mike.

Columns.jpg

Use the inner margin to push the column over to the right.

image.png.ffbb34ef8b8eac731e6a860d83f1bab6.png

Ignore the spread origin setting I have, I was just looking to see what it would do but it has no bearing on the column control.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

20 hours ago, wolfnowl said:

Hi There: This may be a question that I think should be possible, but isn't. I'm trying to create a page layout that has an image aligned vertically on the left side of the page, with two, equal-size text columns beside it.

If.you are using the Guides Manager then you should get used to the idea that there is no real difference between Text or Images as far as the column guides are concerned. Make three columns and use one for the image and the other two for text, or all three for text ...

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.