You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

“Spread Setup > Scaling > Objects will: Rescale” does not affect baseline grid

Hi there,

I searched the forum, but there are either too many or too few results for whatever combination of search terms I tried. So this may have been already be discussed, and I’d be happy to get some pointers.

This is the issue: when you use Spread Setup > Scaling > Objects will: Rescale and rescale your spread, the baseline grid is not rescaled as well. See the following example. Going from A4 to A3, for instance, effectively changes the text size, but not the spacing of the baseline grid. Which makes the scaling option somewhat useless for documents that rely on baseline grids. Or I should say, you will have to do the math yourself and readjust. 🙂

Thank you for taking a look, 

Alex

Rescale.png.6f4f5f465d3c5f641743355b4554ebd3.png

13 hours ago, A_B_C said:

effectively changes the text size, but not the spacing of the baseline grid. Which makes the scaling option somewhat useless for documents that rely on baseline grids.

Indeed odd. Like a stroke of luck this baseline grid issue seems to affect only the document-wide grid, while frame-related grids seem to be scaled correctly, so manual grid correction is required only for 1 grid. For the math you can let the baseline field do the calculation and enter old and new page dimension, like so for your A4 –> A3 example:
1793018682_gridcalculation.jpg.47e909237af4d07a426a3018e602c014.jpg

Also the document grid (not baseline) doesn't scale in this case – while manually placed guide lines get set properly after scaling.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1