You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

Is it possible to make Vector Brush Tool more predictable? Line width changes as soon as I release a button. 

Here's how it looks in Affinity Designer:

MzAm4m7.gif

And here's how brush pressure looks like in Photoshop:

0XrhUhM.gif

I use Wacom Intous 4 with Pressure Controller turned on. Here's brush settings:

WYW3Q43.png

Hi darkwark,

you're comparing a vector tool with a pixel one (PS)

To have the very same behaviour of PS switch to Pixel Persona and select Paintbrush tool.

Vector Brush Tool has an embedded stabilizer that currently doesn't offer customization options.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

That's unfortunate. Thanks for the reply, guys.

@paolo.limoncelli, I used Photoshop as an example of how I would like to see Vector Brush work in Affinity. It is not a matter of vector / raster tools, Adobe Illustrator for example has vector brush tool that work more predictable than Affinity's one.

@paolo.limoncelli, I used Photoshop as an example of how I would like to see Vector Brush work in Affinity. It is not a matter of vector / raster tools, Adobe Illustrator for example has vector brush tool that work more predictable than Affinity's one.

I'm sorry, it has been unclear to me since you used Photoshop instead of Illustrator as example.

Illustrator can manage the level of interpolation and stabilization of the stroke.

illustrator_paintbrush.png

AD currently can't but I'm sure these features will be addressed as MEB just said.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers