You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Persona / Info Panel / Blemish Removal tool

Hi,

this report might be duplicate or covered in an older report of Develop Persona issues, but i didn't find it right now. Bug 2 is probably new.

Bug 1:

When using Develop Persona, and using the Info Panel, "Sample From Location", the image gets temporary much darker.

Once you click on any control like Exposure etc, the darkening effect vanishes again.

Win 10, 1.9.2.1035

1.9.4.1065 (beta)

OpenCL: does not matter on or off

If you have put in some "Blemish Removal Tool" spots, another display issue comes to light:

Bug 2:

The blemish removal gets temporary disabled, but the magnifier of the cross-hair (while dragging, before placing) still magnifies the "invisible" dotted lines. Works only when using a "fresh" cross-hair, meaning not while darkening is already active, before resolving darkening by click on other control. You may need a few attemtps to reproduce.

(tested only on beta while OpenCL off). getting tired to check every combination of stable/beta and OpenCL on/off for every bug ;-) 

Bug 3:

When adding the overlay paint tool into the game, the confusion has still room to increase further: You get additional artifacts while using the cross-hair. First small rectangles of the red overlay disappear, then (depending on zoom) all of the overlay. Switching tools brings it back.

I really ask myself if these tools got ever used by someone in develop persona (grid, info panel / cross-hair, defringe, overlay) - every time i try i find new amusements.

2021-05-27 23-14-44.mkv

2021-05-27 23-32-22.mkv

Edited by NotMyFault
Added 2nd and 3rd related bug

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff

Thanks NotMyFault,

The first issue was logged against macOS but it seems fixed there so I've updated it to reflect the fact it's still an issue on Windows.

The other two were unknown so I will log these for you. Thank you.

14 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

(tested only on beta while OpenCL off). getting tired to check every combination of stable/beta and OpenCL on/off for every bug ;-) 

I do not expect you to go out of your way to try all the combinations. Feel free in fututre to say you came across the issue with/without OpenCL and suggest to us that we should try both. Greateful for all that you do.