You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please tell me.
I save the file in any format. When I open the file, its parameters change. The artboard resolution is 1 pixel instead of 9pixels. The illustration resolution is also reduced as in the artboard. How to fix it?

25 minutes ago, Taty said:

The artboard resolution is 1 pixel instead of 9pixels

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

What do you mean by "artboard resolution"?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you
File - New - 3000px 3000px or 5000px 5000px - artboard.
Overlay a rectangle on top to fit the artboard. I draw. Save in any format. Open. Artboard is always 1000px 1000px. Rectangle 1000 pixels 1000 pixels in svg. format. The ers. format is smaller.

Thanks.

Next, what do you mean "save in any format"?

Saving after File > New will give you a .afdesign file. You mentioned SVG, but for that you would need to use Export, not Save, so it's unclear how you're "saving".

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Yes, I do export to svg format or export to eps format.
I reinstalled the program.
Now the svg format is being exported correctly.
In eps format, the artboard is exported correctly, but the drawing is reduced by 4 times.

24 minutes ago, Taty said:

In eps format, the artboard is exported correctly, but the drawing is reduced by 4 times.

That may be related to the Export options you've chosen, or possibly to other factors. You might provide a screenshot of the Export dialog and the More... dialog (button at the bottom of the Export dialog). Also a sample .afdesign document that is exporting incorrectly would be useful.

-- Walt
PC:

51 minutes ago, Taty said:

I am sending you a screenshot

Instead of putting them in a Word document that needs to be downloaded separately, please attach screenshots as PNG or JPEG images that can be viewed directly in the browser.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks. I didn't see anything obvious there, and I'm afraid that without also having the .afdesign document I won't have any other suggestions.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Hi @Taty & welcome to the Affinity Forums :) 

1 hour ago, Taty said:

Doc1 (2).jpg

If you export the file with 'Use relative coordinates' enabled, does the design export at the correct size for you? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Enabled the "Use relative coordinates" option. It did not help.

I resized the artboard and exported the file. Opened the file in another editor. The file opened with the old artboard dimensions. There may be a problem with the artboard settings.

• Staff
49 minutes ago, Taty said:

resized the artboard and exported the file.

What size was the artboard pre and post resize?

50 minutes ago, Taty said:

Opened the file in another editor

What editor did you open the file in?

50 minutes ago, Taty said:

There may be a problem with the artboard settings.

Can you provide us with a copy of the Affinity file and the exported EPS here? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1. I installed the editor.
On the first day, I created a new document 1000x1000px and worked in the editor.
2. Yesterday I created a new document 3000x3000px and 5000x5000px. I exported the document. All files were opened with a resolution of 1000x1000px.
3.I reinstalled the editor.
Created a new document 3000x3000px. Exported the file to svg format. The file opened correctly. The same document was exported to the eps format. The picture resolution turned out to be 960x960px.
4. Today I created a new document 4000x4000px. Exported the file to svg, jpg and eps. In Afinity svg and jpg files opened correctly 4000x4000 px.
I asked a friend to open these files in Illustrator. The file resolution was 3000x3000px.
EPS file opened with a resolution of 960x960px

3.jpg

1.afdesign 2.eps

• Staff
16 hours ago, Taty said:

1. I installed the editor.

Is 'the editor' referred to here the Affinity app, or a different editor?

16 hours ago, Taty said:

2. Yesterday I created a new document 3000x3000px and 5000x5000px. I exported the document. All files were opened with a resolution of 1000x1000px.

Where were you opening the exported files?

16 hours ago, Taty said:

Created a new document 3000x3000px. Exported the file to svg format. The file opened correctly. The same document was exported to the eps format. The picture resolution turned out to be 960x960px.

I can confirm this is a misunderstanding in regards to EPS files and document units. When exporting/importing an EPS file, it will be using 'Points' for units, not 'Pixels'.

I have downloaded and opened your EPS file here, the size is 960pt, which is the same as 4000px @300 DPI - so this is correct.

16 hours ago, Taty said:

4. Today I created a new document 4000x4000px. Exported the file to svg, jpg and eps. In Afinity svg and jpg files opened correctly 4000x4000 px.
I asked a friend to open these files in Illustrator. The file resolution was 3000x3000px.

Can you provide a sample of these files please? As this isn't something I've had reported previously.

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

Many thanks!