You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layout pages don't spread over two pages anymore, even though the content ones do

Hi all!

I played around with the page spread function in the document setup (it was on spread, I changed it to single and then back to spread again) and now I completely destroyed my document 😧

The content pages are back to spread view but the master pages are not and that messed with the content pages who have the master applied. 

The two single pages are the masters and the double page are content with the masters applied before I switched things round.

I now also cannot apply a master double-age at once and have to apply a two single masters each in order to get the double page I want.

Does anyone know a fix to this? It worked completely fine before I changed the settings around...

Thanks in advance! :)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-26 um 13.55.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-26 um 13.55.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-26 um 13.55.55.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Jaspero For the moment you may need to manually adjust the pages to get it back looking how it was. Do you have a backup of the file that is still in the original state that you can provide me with a copy of so I can try repeating your steps to see if the issue can be reproduced?

I assume that this is the same sort of thing that Jaspero is talking about - 

I've always found it odd that if you start with a publication with facing pages, put a photo across a spread, then change the document set-up to single pages, the picture is only on one of the two pages. I would have thought that it should still show on both pages. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad