You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Chooser modal window location

I wish the Color Chooser modal window remembered the location I moved it to when I last used it like the Layer Effects modal window does. The Color Chooser modal window always appears in the center of the screen — most often, the first thing I have to do after opening the Color Chooser is move the modal window so it's not covering up the section of the image I'm working on.

1 hour ago, Brian_J said:

modal window

For the record: These are not "modal windows". A modal window is a window which prevents you from doing anything else in an application until you dismiss it e.g. by clicking the "OK" button. That's not the case with Affinity floating windows like the Color Chooser. But e.g. the Text Styles editor is a modal window for some odd reason.

That said…

1 hour ago, Brian_J said:

I wish the Color Chooser modal window remembered the location I moved it to when I last used it

Works for me on Mac.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Just now, Brian_J said:

It doesn't work for me on Windows.

I see.
Then this thread should be likely moved to forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/78-photo-bugs-found-on-windows

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Just now, Brian_J said:

I'm guessing moving a thread can only be done by a moderator, correct.

Yes.

1 minute ago, Brian_J said:

any idea how I can request a moderator move this thread?

For example, pinging @Chris B who seemed to be active in the corresponding forum earlier today… :)

• Staff

Hello :)

I've just checked macOS and it remembers the location, even after restarting the app as loukash also confirmed. Normally I'd say this is an improvement request but seeing as macOS does remember, it's probably a bit more than that. We usually say that if something is different between the operating systems, it is technically a bug. However we still have to be aware of conventions.

I will feed this back to the developers and see what they say. I can absolutely imagine this is incredibly frustrating though if it's something you do often. 

• 1 month later...

The Text Wrap floating window in Affinity Publisher has the issue on Windows -- it doesn't remember the last location I placed it in after closing the window. I'm not sure if this is by design or if it behaves differently for those using Affinity apps on a Mac.

• 1 year later...