This may be a problem you can't solve - but I have thousands of Xara files that I will have to convert to some other format to import into Affinity, or I'll have to keep Xara for a while.  I have been using that software since 1995 and would love to simply be able to import their files into Affinity.   I have only continued to use Xara because until now, there has been no MAC program that could compare to the speed and versatility of that software.

So if we could get the ability to import the XAR formatted file, or if you included an algorithm to convert it to PSD or whatever on import - that would be awesome and I (and many others) could get rid of Parallels off of our MAC's, dump Windows and regain valuable drive space.   I can't begin to tell you how cool that would be as I do not have time to take almost 20 years worth of files and convert them all to another format for import

Amen to that. Xara import would be great!

2009: 27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.3 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9.5.1, 10.5 and 2015 / Pinegrow Web Designer / Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo / Acorn

Have you tried exporting as PDF or EPS? If everythings transfers properly, you shoulde be fine (there are batch PDF creators, after you tested a couple of files you could potentially start a conversion, go for a walk and have all files done when you come back).

I'd also like to see this, as I am also a former Xara user. Makes me so happy to say that. They really missed an opportunity not bringing their software to Mac OS X.

The PDF approach would work, to a degree, but it does not keep all objects editable. eg. it effectively "flattens" some types of fills that are supported in Xara and Affinity, but not PDF.

There was a partially complete Xara file reader and rendered on github a while ago:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?53104-Xara-file-format-viewer-for-Mac

Dear members,

This Xara file reader is no longer available. As a keen Xara Designer Pro user for years, sadly only available on Windows, I have fallen for AD on the Mac in no time. If the first release of AD is a sign for a brighter future, I am confident that many professional and spare time designers will embrace AD as a formidable substitute on the Mac.

Could anyone please share his/her experience converting .xar files for proper use in AD.