You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Separate colors in Swatches.

Change the Appearance of the Swatches panel.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

11 minutes ago, darwinwasright said:

But, I don't need it.

You have asked for "any other way to group them somehow", and the list view is an "other way to group them somehow".
Or you can make the swatches large in the regular view.

9 minutes ago, darwinwasright said:

space to put between colors to separate them

Agreed, that would be a good option.
Frankly, I've never found this swatch view useful – not in Adobe apps and not in Affinity apps – that's why I prefer the list view.

14 minutes ago, darwinwasright said:

similar space in Toolbar, or separator in Tools

These are technically different UI sections and elements, so from a developer's point of view, I don't think it's as easy as "copying" the spacer element over to the Swatches panel.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Just now, darwinwasright said:

But its not grouping them

Yet another way to group them is simply creating new palettes. ;)

~~~

By the way, Apple's own Color Picker palette used to allow free grouping of swatches wherever you placed them, so you could create logical groups on a grid. This screenshot is my global palette from El Capitan:

apple_color_picker_palette.png.2c09f0106794970b6a626b6df3ccea12.png

^ That's my swatches collection that I'm maintaining since literally about two decades now, copying the corresponding file from old installations to the new ones.

But eventually, Apple in its "infinite wisdom" removed the possibility to place swatches freely in the bottom section, now they are simply listed in the "first come first serve" order (no screenshot at the moment; I'd have to reboot the Mac from a Catalina partition for that). Highly annoying. Of course it's not the only reason why I'm sticking with El Capitan, but it definitely also adds to my decision that the newer MacOS versions suck.