You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I show the thumbnails for these psd's on my windows folder?

Hello, i do have some questions regarding the psd files that my friend forwarded to me, I saved it all on my windows folder. 

By the way, those psd files are just small in size, they are just a small psd file that shows a background  for a 2x2 id picture.

my problem is, I want to see the thumbnails of each of the psd files on my windows folder, this is for me to save time by not opening each of everyone of them when i need to search for a particular file. 

image.thumb.png.22236fac243f2292d2ab0ca91a98b3ac.pngThank you so much and I hope that you could help me with my little problem.

9 minutes ago, Averarham said:

my problem is, I want to see the thumbnails of each of the psd files on my windows folder, this is for me to save time by not opening each of everyone of them when i need to search for a particular file. 

Windows will show the information in that File Explorer window that you've asked it to show. The View tab is where you would specify it. Try any of the "... icons" options.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Windows will show the information in that File Explorer window that you've asked it to show. The View tab is where you would specify it. Try any of the "... icons" options.

It looks like it's already shown as "Large icons."
I have Photoshop so not sure if Windows itself or Affinity can handle psd thumbnail.
The thumbnail supposed to be shown without Photoshop?

25 minutes ago, ashf said:

I have Photoshop so not sure if Windows itself or Affinity can handle psd thumbnail.

Affinity does not handle thumbnails at all in the File Explorer dialogs. That would be Windows, or a user-installed codec.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

xnViewMP is a very good file viewer and displays PSD file thumbnails.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions