You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Bug? Changing outline mode to outside in not closed shapes

Quite often I draw having outlines turned on, and i noticed that I can only change the outline from the default to outside if a shape is completed. This is annoying because I need to rely on the exact size of the object I'm drawing, already seeing the outlines as they would be when the shape is finished. I always prefer outside outlines because edges aren't perfectly sharp with the other outline modes.

Lets say you draw letters and are into lettering as I am, you need to see the outline to align it perfectly at the time of drawing the letter, especially if the letters are very close to each other, already tightly kerned at the time of drawing. Seeing the perfect outside outline after you completed a shape means that you need to tweak things, something which wouldn't be neccessary.

I hope that you guys understand what I mean, the program will only get more attractive if details like that get fixed.

Greetz