You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drag and scroll selected *Image/Text box etc*

In adobe Illustrator and Indesign, I was able to select an item *Image, Text, etc..* and then use my mouse wheel, touch pad, or mouse pointer to scroll down my canvas or to other pages, while dragging the selected item/s with me. This was very convenient, and I am unable to do this is Publisher. I am using a Mac and Magic Mouse. 

It must be a bug with Mac. As in your video GarryP I am pushing my mouse all the way to bottom or sides, but nothing happens. After messing a bit more I noticed some slight movement if I hit the sweet spot but this was hardly an inch on my screen and impossible to find. It seems like the capability to drag and scroll is there but it is very much broken for Mac. 

I am using the Magic Mouse which uses a touch gesture instead of a scroll wheel which may also complicate the process. Non the less doing so on my track pad yielded no positive results. 

Edited by CurranJSmith

I have a vague memory that this was reported as a problem on Macs some time ago but I can’t be sure.
Unfortunately I don’t know which search terms you could use to quickly find the earlier feedback/report thread (if there actually is one).
I’ve never used a Magic Mouse so I don’t know how easy they are to use, but I imagine that using one could cause extra issues if there was an existing problem.
Hopefully someone with a Mac will see this and can help further.

On 5/23/2021 at 12:05 AM, CurranJSmith said:

select an item *Image, Text, etc..* and then use my mouse wheel, touch pad, or mouse pointer to scroll down my canvas or to other pages, while dragging the selected item/s with me.

Like GarryP in Windows I can do it in macOS already without scrolling but just dragging, with both my USB mouse (lenovo) and the macbook's trackpad. And like in Garry's video it starts slowly and increases speed over time, as usual in macOS, e.g. in a finder window.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1