You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A conflict between Zoom Tool - Option Key and Apple Magic Mouse

When the zoom tool is selected, the magnifying cursor shows a "+", and when the canvas is clicked it zooms-in.

When you hold down the Option Key, the magnifying glass shows a "-" and clicking the mouse should zoom-out.

However, when holding down the option key, it also reads the surface of the magic mouse to control the zooming in and out by dragging your finger forward and back. So sometimes, when the mouse button is pressed, there is a conflict between zooming out and the mouse surface detecting a slight forward motion of your finger which causes it to zoom-in. Hence a conflict.

Also did the canvas always rotate, in zoom mode, when the command key is held down and moving your finger across the surface of the mouse / Scroll wheel ?

I guess it's possibly a useful feature, but I think that should probably happen when using a different tool. I rotated the canvas by accident last week, and it took me ages to figure out I needed to select View > Reset Rotation. I'd suggest, with the magnifying tool selected, using the command key to zoom in and out using mouse surface / scroll wheel and the option key to zoom-in and out using mouse clicks and put the canvas rotation in a totally separate tool (perhaps as a part of the drag tool ?). 🙂