dangerman2000

Constrain Proportions Inconsistency

Fabulous application... 

For some reason when I resize an image it constrains the proportions without me holding down Shift. I have to hold shift to not-constrain proportions. However when I drag a rectangle out, I have to hold down shift to constrain proportions (keep it a square). 

I have not gone all through the application, but sometimes you have to hold shift and others not making the app feel finicky. It'd be great if your developers/designers could agree to do it one way and stick with it. 

My preference would be to always require the shift modifier to constrain proportions. This has been ingrained in us from years of using design tools. It keeps us in flow. 

Thanks for all the great work. 

MEB's post here explains this "issue"

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/14265-constrain-art-text-when-resizing-from-middle-bounding-box-handles/&p=63319

< affinity is just set "intelligent" by default but you can change this in the preferences

The logic is that a picture is supposed to not be disproportionally scaled and a rectangle might be independently scaled in most cases.