You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Objects move and transform like linked

I'm doing some posters on Affinity Designer and I have different artboards that I duplicated from the original one. 

Now when I'm working on an artboard A with Object 1 and I move it the object 1 in artboard B and C are also moved but not in D. Also valid for transformations. Pasting an object in artboard A also pastes it in artboard B and C but not in D.

I've looked for linked objects or layers in case it was a special feature but I have not found it.

I started a Publisher file but then I went to Designer. This happens both with the original afpub and with the converted afdesign.

How can I detach objects?

You may want to upload an example file, or at least a screen cast of what you're trying to acomplish, ideally with the Layers panel visible and expanded.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.