You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to export JPEG file without automatic file name extension -01?

Hello!

I am facing a problem during the exporting. Whenever I export the file into JPEG,it automatically adds an extension -01 for the file ("image-01.JPEG instead of "image.JPEG" ".What should i do to have the desired name?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @OS27.

I think that behavior indicates that there is already a file named image.jpeg in the output folder. If so, you should rename it before trying to Export another one of the same name.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Publisher will detect if there is a file with the same name in the destination folder and ask to overwrite it. The filename for the jpeg's is created from the saved documents name and the  _1 or _01 in your case is the page number from the document page number. A logical way of working. You can of course change the file name to whatever you want after export.

Thank you very much for your answers :) 
The problem is that there is no previous file with the same name. I tried to create a new folder but it remains the same, even if I name it another thing, it still adds this _01.
Of course i can rename it afterwards. But i am looking for a solution to name it directly. 

I was trying as hard as possible, but I never get a 0 inside the file name. When the APu document has more than one page then you get the numbering, because raster formats are "usually" single page formats.

But this is inconsistent a bit confusing anyway. Assuming a 3 pages document:

a) Export of three pages = page_1.jpg, page_2.jpg, page_3.jpg

b) Export of page 1 = page_1.jpg

c) Export of page 2 = page_1.jpg

d) Export of pages 2 and 3 = page_1.jpg, page_2.jpg

Hmmm, what I would expect (wish), would be, that the files would be named after their page number.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.