You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Asset Snaphot Icon Pertially Obscured

Creating a drawing in Designer which required repetitive icons, so created a number of assets.

As seen from the screenshot, the RH side shows part of the picture with the correct symbols, one vector, one pixel.

The LH side shows the asset icons.  Most are correct, but the two with diagonal lines (the only common feature I can find) show the icon RH side missing.

I have kept the picture reasonably hi res so you can zoom in.  The result is that the top (Vector) icon is not sliced with a straight line.

Easy to work round, it provides correct assets when chosen, but a bit of an oddity.   😉🙂

Affinity.jpg

What happens if you make the panel a bit wider? You should be able to grab the right edge with your mouse and drag it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Interesting.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Unusual, I would say. Could you provide us with the affected assets for cross-checking?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Interesting ... to pick up Walt's wording. With Show As List the assets look like they should be.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

Interesting ... to pick up Walt's wording. With Show As List the assets look like they should be.

Sorry.  'Show as List'.  Not familiar with that.

The first post shows the asset as an icon and in use on the page beside it.

I've been fiddling with it trying to work out under which precise circumstances the 'interesting' 😉 situation occurs, but there seems to be no consistency.

Is it just me?

If anyone has picked up the .afassets file, does it show the same partial icons?

Real oddball.

As I said, everything functions as it should, but my pysche doesn't allow for unexplained mysteries. 🤪

Very mysterious. Rectangles with an as yet undetermined aspect ratio are displayed cut off.

This is definitely something that support should take a look at.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

I have set the height of the rectangle to 47 px and now it is completely displayed. Do not select the whole group! But the asset symbol looks smaler then before.

Edited by Komatös

Ah!  These are test assets which I posted.

When you see 'Does not display' and 'Displays OK' what you are seeing is the name of the file that I gave them, so I knew which was which.

You'll find the pixel versions below display the same names, but with the prefi 'Pix-'

Yes. I can see that would be regarded as VERY strange.  🙃🙃🙃 😉

Sorry if I added to the confusion, but thanks for your interest.

... and the odd thing is there seems no consistency.

I tried editing out everything on the asset except the rectangle and the number and it still clipped, but if a added a new asset with a newly formed rectangle and no, it was fine.

The other thing, too, is if you look at the large picture, you can see that the clipping does not appear to be in a straight line, but in a sort of sinous wave.

I have changed the rdcangle to red filling, so you can easily see what I mean.

I also enclose updated test assets.

As I said, very odd, but at least it's really easy to cope with.

Affinity-3.jpg

Test Assets 2.afassets