You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

German WW2 Gun

olmi57

olmi57 said:

"German 88mm Flak 18 AA/AT Gun "Bärbel" of WW2.

Pretty successful against British and Australian Armour in the Desert Campaign."

Indeed! one could almost say, any allied ordnance alongside their crews that had the misfortune too face them, across that deadly space...

"Moi3D Model rendered in Mamoset Toolbag and heavily weathered in Affinity Photo."

Moi seems to be acquiring a 'Blender' like versatility these days, so I'd be interested If there's an off chance you'll share some insight about your workflow?

Working with MoI3D is straightforward when it comes to hardsurface modelling.

I never got my head around poly modelling, so I'm restricted to what I can achieve with NURBS.

Pros : No mess with boolean ops, fillets (well, almost) or sweeping.

Cons : No organic shapes.

Moi3D delivers nice meshes and a rudimentary uvmap.

Here's a screenshot of my current  WIP, a Cruiser A9 Tank Turret :

o5m6_de_Moi3D_small.jpg.5993455e64abb8042587316ab3593ee1.jpg

I uvmap, texture paint (!) and render smaller projects in 3DCoat, but just render larger ones in Marmoset Toolbag.

And do the after effects on the rendered pngs in Affinity Photo as with the "Ack-Ack" posted here.

Don't know BLENDER though, so I can't judge it compared to MoI and 3DCoat. 

1174021785_CopyofMe.png.c452c445b1a2eb19e9b3ab04995feaa3.pngOliver_small.png.bbefc2fc46bd116dbad4e6d8711651a9.png     

Engines of WW2

• 1 month later...

Some Awesome Models and renderings olmi57, I like the current wip of the tank turret.

I have used blender quite a bit a few year back, it was a more than capable 3D modelling program, I’ve been thinking of giving it another go to be honest.

Thanks for your kind words (and the thumbs-up btw), Mark, much appreciated.

Blender has obviously evolved from a more hobbyist tool to a serious 3D environment.

I'm currently trying to get my 64-year-old head around the 2.9x version,

but I'm somewhat afraid of struggling again with those countless shortkeys,

the retopo, uvmapping and texturing...

1174021785_CopyofMe.png.c452c445b1a2eb19e9b3ab04995feaa3.pngOliver_small.png.bbefc2fc46bd116dbad4e6d8711651a9.png     

Engines of WW2