You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

old photo tear repair

zappafan

Hi everyone! 

Yesterday I watched one of the Affinity tutorials and realized that I have an old photo that needed a little TLC.

Here is a link to the images

https://www.flickr.com/gp/21393594@N03/5q1oF0

It took me about 1/2 hr to do this. I used the inpainting brush tool for the tear on either side of him and a combination of the clone tool and inpainting brush for the part of the picture that my uncle Harry is in along with random area's around the outer edges of the photo.  I was amazed at how easy it was.  It would have taken me several hours of cloning in photoshop to get this done I am sure!

Thanks Affinity!

Larry

Hi Larry,

and welcome here …  :)

Unfortunately I fear I am missing something, since I just see the photo with the cut from flickr … would you mind to post your result as well, or am I doing something wrong? Nevertheless, it’s so nice to hear that you were sucessful, I love these old portraits …

Cheers, Alex  :)