You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey,

a .afphoto file is corrupt, too. It`s the second time... 

Can anyone recover it, please?

I`m using win10 and saved on an external hard disk.

(Remember.. if anyone download it, you are not allowed to use it for any project or something else.)

• Staff

Hi @peachi,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I've edited your post to remove the attached file. I've already got it with me and will log the issue/pass the file to the dev team t0 see if we can recover it.
Next time you need to send a file directly to us (without posting it publicly) simply request an upload link and we will provide one for you so you can keep it private.

Regarding your issue, please avoid working directly on files stored on external USB sticks/drives, and cloud synchronised folders as they may cause corruption/issues in certain circumstances. Copy the file to a local drive, work on it from there then close the file and move it to the external drive to prevent these issues from happening.

45 minutes ago, peachi said:

Hey,

a .afphoto file is corrupt, too. It`s the second time... 

Can anyone recover it, please?

I`m using win10 and saved on an external hard disk.

(Remember.. if anyone download it, you are not allowed to use it for any project or something else.)

motiv-opie.afphoto

This one should open for you

(now deleted)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @peachi,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I've edited your post to remove the attached file. I've already got it with me and will log the issue/pass the file to the dev team t0 see if we can recover it.
Next time you need to send a file directly to us (without posting it publicly) simply request an upload link and we will provide one for you so you can keep it private.

Regarding your issue, please avoid working directly on files stored on external USB sticks/drives, and cloud synchronised folders as they may cause corruption/issues in certain circumstances. Copy the file to a local drive, work on it from there then close the file and move it to the external drive to prevent these issues from happening.

Thanks for your support @MEB, the reference and editing my post. In future I will avoid it.

Apart from that, I love the affinity apps.

Thanks a lot!!!:)

1 minute ago, peachi said:

But why it is smaller than the original?

Was the original 5000px by 10000px?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

This is ok. But the file size was 313 mb and now it is 142 mb.

If you do a File > Save as... to a new file name that usually gets rid of any redundant data in the document which can lead to dramatically smaller file sizes

There are a lot of threads regarding this on the forum but don't worry it's perfectly normal

2 minutes ago, carl123 said:

If you do a File > Save as... to a new file name that usually gets rid of any redundant data in the document which can lead to dramatically smaller file sizes

There are a lot of threads regarding this on the forum but don't worry it's perfectly normal

Aha..ok.. thanks. Can you still delete the recovered file from your post please?

Thanks a lot for your help guys @MEB and @carl123. I`m very happy and now the life make sense again :D

I wish you a wonderful week! :):):):):):)

Can you still delete the recovered file from your post please?

All done

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Sad he didn't explained what he did to recover it though.

Nothing to do with me, I'm just the creative/design guy around here. For anything technical I send it across to my IT guy (below)

He did mutter something about recreating the first 64 byte header, looking for null values and rehashing the checksums, if that make sense to anyone

recovered.jpg