You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot register Affinity Publish on Mac Pro

I just bought Affinity Publish 1.9.3, compatible with Mac OS 10.9 or later.

OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) on an internal OWCSSD startup disk. (The original hard disk, which functions just fine on this Mac, is OS 10.6.8). Below are the specs of my Mac:

Model Name:    Mac Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacPro3,1
  Processor Name:    Quad-Core Intel Xeon
  Processor Speed:    2.8 GHz
  Number of Processors:    2
  Total Number of Cores:    8
  L2 Cache (per Processor):    12 MB
  Memory:    18 GB
  Bus Speed:    1.6 GHz
  Boot ROM Version:    MP31.006C.B05
  SMC Version (system):    1.25f4

After purchasing and downloading Publsher, I am unable to register it and there was a message on the registration window to upgrade to the Sierra OS.

If Affinity Publish says it is compatible with OS 10.9, why can't I register the app? Does the app not recognize that it is running on an internal OWSSD  OS 10.11.6 hard drive? Is registering the way to establish an account? Is there a solution to this? If not, how can I return this purchase?

Thanks for any help with this.

36 minutes ago, shelley33 said:

After purchasing and downloading Publsher, I am unable to register it and there was a message on the registration window to upgrade to the Sierra OS.

If Affinity Publish says it is compatible with OS 10.9, why can't I register the app? Does the app not recognize that it is running on an internal OWSSD  OS 10.11.6 hard drive? Is registering the way to establish an account? Is there a solution to this? If not, how can I return this purchase?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @shelley33.

The application is compatible with your OS, but they discovered late in the update cycle that the account registration and content sync functions were not compatible with something in that level of macOS. Everything else should work, though, and Registration is optional.

If you purchased from the Affinity Store then you already have an account. But you won't have the free store content you get from registering. You can email the staff at affinity@serif.com for assistance with that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, Andando said:

I have same problem in windows 10 version in my Surface pro 3 device. Right after update to version 1.9.2 I lost my registration capability.

It's not "the same" problem, because the problem this topic is about is specific to macOS.

Please describe your problem in detail. Saying "lost my registration capability" gives us no information to work with. Telling us exactly what happens, and providing some screenshots, would be helpful.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1