You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resources Manager and update links

Bonjour à l’équipe, bonjour à tous.

Est-il envisagé de faire évoluer la mise à jour des images / gestionnaire de ressources ?

Pendant le processus de travail :
- Pouvoir sélectionner une série d’image à mettre à jour ou à remplacer ;
- Proposer la mise à jour des images détectées modifiées (et les mettre à jour automatiquement sans validation en série) lorsqu’on met à jour une image modifiée ;
- Afficher l’espace colorimétrique de l’image importée dans la liste du gestionnaire de ressources.

A l’ouverture du fichier, proposer de mettre à jour automatiquement (ou pas) toutes les images détectées modifiant sans passer par la validation en série.

Merci pour le retour et bonne soirée.

Hello to the team, hello to everyone.

Are there any plans to change the way images are updated/Resource manager?

During the working process :
To be able to select a series of images to be updated or replaced ;
Propose the update of detected modified images (and automatically update them without serial validation) when updating a modified image;
Display the colour space of the imported image in the Resources Manager list.

When opening the file, propose to automatically update (or not) all the detected images modifying without going through the serial validation.

Thanks for the feedback and have a good evening.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

• 1 month later...

I’d like to add another request for the Resource Manager: Right now, when a raster image is scaled unproportionally, you can find out that only in the context tool bar – the resources manager only shows one resolution, the smaller effective resolution. Either display both resolutions, vertical and horizontal, or at least show a warning sign, to make unproportional scaling obvious in the listing. With documents with many images it is hardly possible to check each image on its own. 

On 5/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, uneMule said:

Propose the update of detected modified images (and automatically update them without serial validation) when updating a modified image;

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but are you aware of the Publisher Preference to automatically update when it notices that a Linked file has been modified? That's in the General group of Preferences, I think.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, uneMule said:

When opening the file, propose to automatically update (or not) all the detected images modifying without going through the serial validation.

The Preference I mention above will also handle that, I think. It doesn't ask, but simply updates everything that has changed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Olaf Welling said:

or at least show a warning sign, to make unproportional scaling obvious in the listing

Preflight Panel should give you that warning. View -> Studio -> Preflight

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but are you aware of the Publisher Preference to automatically update when it notices that a Linked file has been modified? That's in the General group of Preferences, I think.

Oui Merci. Et c'est vrai.
Ça peut répondre a une (toute) petite partie de la question. Le fonctionnement automatique. Tout ou rien.

Yes. Thanks. And it's true.
That may answer a (small) part of the question. The automatic functionment. All or nothing.

12 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Preflight Panel should give you that warning. View -> Studio -> Preflight

Je pense que la suggestion de @Olaf Welling est ausi d'avoir des information afférentes au même endroit. C'est une bonne question.

I think @Olaf Welling's suggestion is also to have related information in one place. This is a good question.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2