You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Love the idea. My only thoughts are concerning the arm. Either exaggerate it further (making it break the dimension) or blend it so it's part of the whole. Right now, the index finger is in shadow and the arm is lighter. I'd reverse that. Brighten the index finger and have the arm going into shadow. Just tweak the point where the index finger is going into the "void."

1 hour ago, dannyg9 said:

Love the idea. My only thoughts are concerning the arm. Either exaggerate it further (making it break the dimension) or blend it so it's part of the whole. Right now, the index finger is in shadow and the arm is lighter. I'd reverse that. Brighten the index finger and have the arm going into shadow. Just tweak the point where the index finger is going into the "void."

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I didn't notice those issues until you pointed them out, I'll definitely do more with that arm, I kinda just stuck it on there. 

2 hours ago, dannyg9 said:

Love the idea. My only thoughts are concerning the arm.

I love the idea, too, but my initial thought was that the ‘X’ was embossed. Had it not been for the topic title ‘Into the void...’ prompting me to look again, I might never have seen it as a hole through which the finger is reaching. :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

I love the idea, too, but my initial thought was that the ‘X’ was embossed. Had it not been for the topic title ‘Into the void...’ prompting me to look again, I might never have seen it as a hole through which the finger is reaching. 

I'm glad you liked the idea! Was the name perhaps too dramatic? And I'd see why you'd mistake the x to be embossed, using transparent/grey on white and grey wasn't my smartest choice 

47 minutes ago, RisingArmechadon said:

Was the name perhaps too dramatic?

No, not at all!

48 minutes ago, RisingArmechadon said:

And I'd see why you'd mistake the x to be embossed, using transparent/grey on white and grey wasn't my smartest choice

It’s nothing to do with your choices. It’s just one of those visual oddities where objects look convex or concave depending on what your brain decides about the position of the light source: instead of seeing the coloured part of the ‘X’ as being further away than everything else, I initially saw it as nearer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 hours ago, Alfred said:

No, not at all!

It’s nothing to do with your choices. It’s just one of those visual oddities where objects look convex or concave depending on what your brain decides about the position of the light source: instead of seeing the coloured part of the ‘X’ as being further away than everything else, I initially saw it as nearer.

Ah I see!