You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi and welcome to the forums @Jullia Machado da Silva,

8 minutes ago, Jullia Machado da Silva said:

an I install Affinity Photo on both

Short answer is yes you can.

Longer answer is you can use it on any computer (same Operating system, Macs or Windows) which you own and control.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

9 minutes ago, Jullia Machado da Silva said:

It's for personal use.

1 minute ago, Old Bruce said:

Short answer is yes you can.

Longer answer is you can use it on any computer (same Operating system, Macs or Windows) which you own and control.

*own or control

The even longer answer is that you can use it for commercial purposes if you wish. You can also allow others to use it on your computers, but only for personal use.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You mention Windows.

If you have Windows 10 S and you do not want to irrevocably go out of the S protection, I think that you may need to buy the product through the Microsoft Store not direct from Serif.

I think that that is the case, hopefully someone will comment.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

10 hours ago, William Overington said:

If you have Windows 10 S and you do not want to irrevocably go out of the S protection, I think that you may need to buy the product through the Microsoft Store not direct from Serif.

Win 10 S will only run apps from the MS Store.  It's intended for school use rather than general use.  The downside to buying the Affinity apps from the MS Store is that they're sandboxed and, so far as I know, can't be used as external editors.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

3 hours ago, IanSG said:

.. The downside to buying the Affinity apps from the MS Store is that they're sandboxed and, so far as I know, can't be used as external editors.

Thank you for replying

I do not understand what you mean by an "external editor". Can you elaborate please?

3 hours ago, IanSG said:

Win 10 S will only run apps from the MS Store.  It's intended for school use rather than general use. 

Yes, but, for example, at least some computers being sold by Currys to people generally have Windows 10 S on them.

There is no obvious mention of the limits of the S version, nor mention that one can remove the S limitation, but once removed cannot be reentered..

A couple of months ago this Lenovo computer lost its wifi capability and I needed to get a new computer so that I could continue to order grocery deliveries and connect to the internet generally to follow the news and so on.

The new computer has Windows 10 S. I have decided not to unlock the S part as ordering grocery deliveries is a priority. So I can use it for some things but not others.

However, I was able to use the new computer, a Hewlett Packard computer, to get a new copy of the wifi driver for this computer from the Lenovo website, copied it across to this machine using a USB memory stick and fortunately installing the new driver software restored this computer to having wifi capability and thus once again able to connect to the internet.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

3 hours ago, William Overington said:

I do not understand what you mean by an "external editor". Can you elaborate please?

Of course!  Some image management / cataloguing software can do simple edits but enable you to pass the image to another program (an external editor) to do the more demanding stuff.  Not a problem with the Serif sourced versions, but the MS Store puts the apps in a secure (overly secure?) environment so you can't use them like that.

4 hours ago, William Overington said:

Yes, but, for example, at least some computers being sold by Currys to people generally have Windows 10 S on them.

There is no obvious mention of the limits of the S version, nor mention that one can remove the S limitation, but once removed cannot be reentered..

Yes, the 10s computers are generaly low spec, with a limited and hence cheaper OS - suitable for schools / children.  The (£50?) removal of the limitations is an upgrade to Win 10 Pro.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10