You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

separation preview and total ink limit preview

As affinity products are good for designers , they have a lot lack of tools for DTP verification of documents.

Can we expect separation preview in Designer and Publisher and used ink limit preview ?? thats fundamentals tools.

maybe some trapping tools for profesional look of apps :)

45 minutes ago, Wydra said:

As affinity products are good for designers , they have a lot lack of tools for DTP verification of documents.

Can we expect separation preview in Designer and Publisher and used ink limit preview ?? thats fundamentals tools.

maybe some trapping tools for profesional look of apps :)

I think it will come eventually, we are still on V1 and they have tons of amazing features for the price point. As much as I want those things added I always feel greedy as it is all pretty amazing for what you pay for the software. 

Previews within Publisher and Designer are of limited use as unexpected things happen all too often when exporting to PDF. Affinity seems to be more prone to it than good old competitors.

• 1 month later...

I really need separations preview to check the trapping and each color.

We use it to Flexographic arts, to separate each plate and make quality control for printing press, It is very neccesary

And we use it to "step and repeat" little candy packagings. We need AP respect the original Affinity Designer Spot colors asigned to the art.

We know the price is cheap, but just increase the price but make it a real alternative to Indesign, please.

15 hours ago, Minos05 said:

I really need separations preview to check the trapping and each color.

We use it to Flexographic arts, to separate each plate and make quality control for printing press, It is very neccesary

And we use it to "step and repeat" little candy packagings. We need AP respect the original Affinity Designer Spot colors asigned to the art.

We know the price is cheap, but just increase the price but make it a real alternative to Indesign, please.

Personally I would say Publisher is not ready for real production use. I would not replace Indesign with it at this point. Hopefully you still have your CC subscription or the CS6 version you were using before to continue doing what you need to do.