You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If you link 2 individual text frames then break the link, all the text from the 2nd text frame is transferred to the bottom of the 1st text frame

Is that what you want?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I will try to explain it with an example: if you have many formatted text fields and you have to get together in one, due to change of layout, you need to make a lot of copy and paste, if there was a function that allows you to join the content in the one selected, It would save time. I hope I was clear.

The connection between the fields can be a solution, but first I have to create it for all the fields and then I have to destroy it, then I have to delete all the remaining empty fields, if there was a function that makes the merge and eliminate the empty fields would save time . If affinity make a macro or scripting system, maybe you could realize it yourself

17 hours ago, rizzosan67 said:

if there was a function that makes the merge and eliminate the empty fields would save time

How would the software do this?
How would it know which text frames to “merge”?
How would it know in which order you want the text frames to be merged?

How would the software do this? --> Programmers have to do it
How would it know which text frames to “merge”? --> Simply the selected text frames
How would it know in which order you want the text frames to be merged? --> In the order of selection (for example some software uses the selection order to evenly distribute the space between elements)