You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

9 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

I have nothing against adding animation, but way way down the line after we have all the planned but still missing basic features that some of us need to do our jobs

So all of us who might find it useful will have to wait a long long while when in fact all it takes is just a few tweaks in the code, only need to click/unclick the layer and that's it, it's just an animation PREVIEW so we could see if we still need to improve the image before we finally export it to an animation software.

18 minutes ago, rodsal23 said:

if we still need to improve the image before we finally export it to an animation software.

You may be missing the ability to continuously output the edits once you have set up the Export Persona. If your animation software can keep track of new/changed files that it imported it may be easier to do that.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Interestingly enough I recall Fireworks to have this exact feature. It was a bit clunky to work with, but still quite useful for quick previews of simple animations. I believe ImageReady also had this option.

The only other software that I am aware of with this functionality is PhotoLine:

PL_layer_animate.png.d9ca3a964169175540c09a2547da1122.png

I use this when importing existing GIF animations.

By the way, I read that the latest PhotoLine beta offers support for animated PNG and WebP files... Affinity? Are you hearing this?