You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some Basic Tools which are Missing in Affinity Designer and Must be Included in Affinity 2.0

Personally, I'd like a Pint Bucket Tool, but, getting back to the Paint Bucket Tool (🙂) how would that be different to the Flood Fill Tool that we already have?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

4 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Personally, I'd like a Pint Bucket Tool

Now I want the four of them!

4 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

how would that be different to the Flood Fill Tool that we already have?

Vectors, basically. It will fill your vector lines with a vector shape of the color of your choice.

Best regards!

I am certainly interested to see what progress Designer makes in future updates. In my opinion, Photo and Publisher have a lot more developed and seem to be more of a primary focus. And of course, I can understand that the suite as a whole can get piled up with other priorities. I get it. Just saying that as a lover of the first Affinity application, I can agree with the points in the original post, and I look forward to any unexpected surprises.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

40 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

I look forward to any unexpected surprises

I’m sure you wouldn’t mind any expected surprises that came your way, Brian, as long as they’re pleasant ones!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, Sam Neil said:

For me Support for RTL - Affinity needs a major rethink on this is very important esp with Publisher/Designer. I have moved heaven and earth to continue my project with publisher and despite all the hoo-ha affinity has avoided this hotly debated topic and continues to do so....

i cosigned. at first hesitate to move out from adobe ecosystem since Affinity looks promising. But if they didnt add up any requested features, I guess I need to reconsider everything.

my wish list:

1. scatter random symbols alone a brush stroke / spline  with offset, rotation scale and order  settings  etc  like  nozzles brush in Photo only convert-able to regular symbols    That text along a path workaround is ridiculous and unusable.

2.  dropped bitmap is an instant vector shape with bitmap fill you could reshape or boolean , no need to deal with  masks

3. better booleans

4. textured image brush  having several alternating sections  like it had been in Seirif soft before.

5. edge feather as live filter  without necessity of masks  or perhaps just erase mode for inner glow

6. tags panel

On 11/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Alfred said:

I’m sure you wouldn’t mind any expected surprises that came your way, Brian, as long as they’re pleasant ones!

Good old smarty pants of the forum. Haha. Nothing wrong with laughter. Well as long as there is no date as to when updates are expected, then we can assume that all are unexpected.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:51 PM, Chapit Zulkefli said:

But if they didnt add up any requested features, I guess I need to reconsider everything.

And I respect your opinion. For me, when I realized that the latest commercial release did not bring any new features, I did notice that they heavily got involved with bug fixes. And I do recall that the amount of bugs were indeed frustrating. But I'm just telling you what I noticed. It's what ever works for you.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

6 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

Good old smarty pants of the forum. Haha. Nothing wrong with laughter. Well as long as there is no date as to when updates are expected, then we can assume that all are unexpected.

And I respect your opinion. For me, when I realized that the latest commercial release did not bring any new features, I did notice that they heavily got involved with bug fixes. And I do recall that the amount of bugs were indeed frustrating. But I'm just telling you what I noticed. It's what ever works for you.

I do respect the whole team for bringing update and fixing those pesky bugs. Not insisting or rushing since all of us have our own choice but hopefully the dev team and Serif would take note or consider what we are giving in as input. ❤️