You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been trying to reclaim space on my iPad to keep it running smoothly but for some reason no matter how many files I remove from the iPad app Affinity Designer I can’t get the Documents and data below 50GB. I’m looking at the documents and data list and it has some fonts, a few files but nothing near the 50GB the settings app is telling me AD is using. Anyone else having this problem and is there a fix I’m not aware of?

0CCEE697-AC1A-4C74-8315-1DD0C0711CA9.jpeg

• Staff

Hi @Ben Frank Art,

This has been reported a few times here on our forums and is something our developers are still trying to investigate directly with Apple, as the data figure seems to be 'held' by iOS even when we have released/deleted the temporary files.

In the meantime, some users have found that using the Offload App option in your screenshot, then hard rebooting the iPad and finally re-installing the app returns this to a more expected figure.

If you're not sure how to hard reboot your iPad, please see the below link -

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-restart-ipad-1999820#:~:text=not-,For iPads with Home,start up like normal,-More

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 month later...