You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Option to reset Window/palette position

Seems to happen often that Publisher [and all the Affinity apps] will randomly open on other monitors even if that monitor wasn't the 'main' and/or last monitor used for the application. Is there an option to hold a modifier key when launching the app to reset the windows/palette to open on the user's main monitor [or add this feature]?

• 1 year later...
On 5/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, Pauls said:

hold down the control key when running up the application - select the option to reset window positions only

Hey @Pauls, thanks for this super helpful hint!

I'm on Windows and I'm not sure which box to check though.

This is what I see, and I'm not so keen on resetting things by accident. 😅

image.png.884cce60ab73e2b691fde5a6b8ea12ad.png

Also, as an idea: Wouldn't it be super helpful to have this as an option in the top menu of applications, somewhere under Window, instead of only being available at startup?

Greetings!

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

Thanks @Pauls, I tried this several times now, via the menu and via the load-up-pop-up.

Both worked only for the first time I click a live filter. Right after that every time I click all option-panels moves to the second display, a HUION pen tablet that otherwise works just fine with all the applications. ☹️

At first I thought it might be because I was using the Windows taskbar on the main screen on the righthand side, but I tried all the other orientations as well, to no avail.

Any other tips?

• 2 weeks later...

I still have this problem and it's starting to drive me crazy.

The workarounds don't help either, since I don't see how resetting the whole studio after every live filter edit is a passable workaround. 😣

Edit: I just noticed this thread is about V1 – I however already run V2 and have this issue.

1 hour ago, Mr. Doodlezz said:

I still have this problem and it's starting to drive me crazy.

The workarounds don't help either, since I don't see how resetting the whole studio after every live filter edit is a passable workaround. 😣

Edit: I just noticed this thread is about V1 – I however already run V2 and have this issue.

Just save your correct studio setup as a preset. Whenever it's messed up, either by you messing it up or Affinity deciding to open a panel somewhere you don't want it, reload the preset. That should solve the issue.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

1 hour ago, MikeTO said:

Just save your correct studio setup as a preset. Whenever it's messed up, either by you messing it up or Affinity deciding to open a panel somewhere you don't want it, reload the preset. That should solve the issue.

Sorry, but it seems that you have ignored the essence of my comment and parroted Stewart's in more detail: Again, it's not working.
Having to reset the entire studio after every single live filter or adjustment edit. That has to be a joke, right? That's incredibly inconvenient!

Furthermore, a simple studio reset via the menu without a complete restart of the application doesn't even work. The application has to be completely closed and reopened for the palette positions to be reset. (At least for me.)

I don't want my pen tablet screen to be active all the time just because the pop-ups are displayed there instead of on my main screen.

I have no trouble using workarounds that work around a problem – not creating new ones! – while the culprit is actually getting fixed.
This issue was first brought up about two years ago – and as it turns out it still hasn't been fixed. So how long am I supposed to use the proposed workaround that's not working … another two years of resetting/restarting the app every two minutes, or maybe until V3 gets released?

This is incredibly annoying to me at this point, as you may have gathered.