You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

not sure if it had brought up before, but i'm having issue with the crop tool, not usable. it doesn't show any line, even pressing "o" to change cycle orientation, grid just don't show up. am I missing something?

using AP 1.9.3 Mac.

check screenshot

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 09.35.57.png

Possibly you clicked Straighten, but then didn't complete the straightening operation?

What kind of cursor do you get when you put the mouse over the picture? The normal cropping cursor, or the straighten cursor? If it's the straighten cursor, draw a line with it, then click Cancel. Then when you use the Crop Tool again you should be able to get the overlay.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Similar?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

Similar?

yep and no it wasn't set to none, how I solved it? close AP and restart it then the crop tool was working. Then open a new file, did some processing and again crop tool not working, close AP and restart again, after 3 pictures done the issue did not appear again.

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Possibly you clicked Straighten, but then didn't complete the straightening operation?

What kind of cursor do you get when you put the mouse over the picture? The normal cropping cursor, or the straighten cursor? If it's the straighten cursor, draw a line with it, then click Cancel. Then when you use the Crop Tool again you should be able to get the overlay.

all of them, I tried them all.... rotate, straighten. if you click on straighten and try to cancel, it does cancel but when using crop tool, back to same issue.

• Staff
15 hours ago, mikerofoto said:

all of them, I tried them all.... rotate, straighten. if you click on straighten and try to cancel, it does cancel but when using crop tool, back to same issue.

Which version of MacOS are you running and did you purchase Affinity from the Mac App Store or direct from us?  I suspect a reset of the app would resolve this but it would also be handy if we can get a copy of your background settings.

2 hours ago, stokerg said:

Which version of MacOS are you running and did you purchase Affinity from the Mac App Store or direct from us?  I suspect a reset of the app would resolve this but it would also be handy if we can get a copy of your background settings.

Catalina 10.15.7

have both from your store and apple store, but using the one from your store now as it seem to start and load faster. I did reboot AP and the crop work fine, let see "if" I can reproduce it, hopefully not but bugs can always be fixed right?