You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.4.1065

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

• Many performance improvements for large documents
  • Open FITS files in the main persona and show a Develop FITS panel for single channel FITS files 
  • Fixed ISO speed not reported for some images
  • Fixed PDF Import using wrong widths for some accented characters in Helvetica
  • Fixed being unable to type decimals / rational numbers for regions that use commas instead of full stops 
  • Added support for Xtrans sensors in Astro Stacking
  • Fixed updating a PDF via resource manager resetting Interpret/Passthrough 
  • Fixed some font weights remaining in All Caps after toggling them off using the Character Panel 
  • Fixed Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC not being identified 
  • Fixed Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM (SAL18135) Lens profile not being found automatically

Previous release notes

Love that the transform panel now shows fractional positions ❤ Helps to spot alignment issues

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

14 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Love that the transform panel now shows fractional positions

What are fractional positions?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

What are fractional positions?

image.png.1ed64061152a25a1475273850b6ee20d.png

fractional might not be the mathematically exact term. I mean values of pixel positions which contain non-zero digits after the decimal point, which were not shown in prior versions (except you decided to statically increase then number of digits to be displayed)

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

3 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

which were not shown in prior versions (except you decided to statically increase then number of digits to be displayed

Ok, understood. But is this an enhancement? If the decimals are shown anyway, why do we need a preference for decimal units? I have to confess, that the current beta is not installed on my machine, so I cannot test myself.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

14 hours ago, Bruno Henrique said:

Toggle frequency layer shortcut is not working in this beta 1.9.4.1065.

My custom shortcut for Frequency Separation works ok in this beta. It's good to see the choice of Method has been extended to the Windows version. However, I am getting artefacts with the Gaussian method with radius above 27px for landscape images & 41px for portrait images. This does not occur with the other methods or the production release. It is very specific to those radii. See attached files. I'm not sure whether you would ever use such high radii but it could be a problem.

Frequency Separation 1.png

Frequency Separation 2.png

Frequency Separation 3.png

Frequency Separation 4.png

23 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Love that the transform panel now shows fractional positions ❤ Helps to spot alignment issues

I don't see that. The decimal places in the Transform panel are still controlled completely by the settings in Preferences, User Interface.

Are you sure you don't have 3 decimal places specified for px units there?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 hours ago, footeg said:

My custom shortcut for Frequency Separation works ok in this beta. It's good to see the choice of Method has been extended to the Windows version. However, I am getting artefacts with the Gaussian method with radius above 27px for landscape images & 41px for portrait images. This does not occur with the other methods or the production release. It is very specific to those radii. See attached files. I'm not sure whether you would ever use such high radii but it could be a problem.

is really working when I apply separation and frequency in beta, is that I was opening a file with frequency separation of stable version 1.9.2.1035 in that beta, while the artifacts did not happen here.

4 hours ago, footeg said:

Concordo que os artefatos não ocorrem na versão estável

Rescanting,(google must have mistranslated) when importing a file with frequency separation from the stable version (in the current beta version) the frequency layer switching shortcut does not work.

and the artifact problem does not occur on my computer (as shown in the video in 0:49)

1 hour ago, Paul Wild said:

Just tried to download the latest Beta and Bitdefender is preventing the download

Bitdefender is wrong. You should override it to allow the download and installation, in my opinion.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 weeks later...