You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer support of Xencelabs tablets

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I recently purchased Affinity Designer and Photo, and I think both are fantastic products. Today I also bought a graphics tablet, the Xencelabs Pen Tablet Medium. Is this tablet supported by Affinity software?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Best Regards,

Valerio

Never heard of that one on the forum - have you tried using it?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I bought it on Amazon today, so it’ll be delivered tomorrow. The company was created by ex Wacom employees and they were given freedom to do whatever they wanted. All the reviews I’ve read or seen on YouTube are very positive. I’m a big fan of any company who gives the finger to the establishment!

https://www.xencelabs.com/

https://petapixel.com/2021/05/03/xencelabs-pen-tablet-review-already-better-than-wacom/

• Staff

Hi @ValerioTrigari,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm that this isn't a model we've tested internally so we can't be 100% certain, however I have found the following review online, which verifies the following:

https://www.parkablogs.com/content/review-xencelabs-pen-tablet-medium-wireless

I did not experience any glitches with various drawing software I've tested, namely Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer (...) Pressure and tilt sensitivity work as expected.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
2 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

"Tilt" works in Affinity Designer?

Tilt is available for Pixel brushes in the Pixel Persona of Designer, however there is no tilt option for the Vector Brush tool unfortunately :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @ValerioTrigari,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm that this isn't a model we've tested internally so we can't be 100% certain, however I have found the following review online, which verifies the following:

https://www.parkablogs.com/content/review-xencelabs-pen-tablet-medium-wireless

I hope this helps!

Thanks @Dan C, I missed that review!

It seems it works fine, but I hope you’ll get the chance to test it internally.

I shall report back with my impressions on the device. Do bear in mind though that I’m not an expert on graphics tablets, nor am I a graphic artist! 

Val

On 5/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, ValeTrig said:

Thanks @Dan C, I missed that review!

It seems it works fine, but I hope you’ll get the chance to test it internally.

I shall report back with my impressions on the device. Do bear in mind though that I’m not an expert on graphics tablets, nor am I a graphic artist! 

Val

@Dan C I can confirm that the tablet works perfectly with both Affinity Photo and Designer :)

• Staff

That's wonderful to hear, many thanks for letting me know :D

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for the offer, I'll be certain to keep this in mind and I will inform our QA team, in case they have anything specific to be checked :)

19 minutes ago, ValeTrig said:

By the way, does Affinity have a Discord server?

We don't have an official server that Staff regulate, however there is a community server (invite link below) as discussed in the following thread - 

https://discord.com/invite/auDUEs5

Please note -

Many thanks!

4 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for the offer, I'll be certain to keep this in mind and I will inform our QA team, in case they have anything specific to be checked :)

You’re welcome! I’m a software developer, so testing is part of my daily routine 😉

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

We don't have an official server that Staff regulate, however there is a community server (invite link below) as discussed in the following thread

Thanks, I’ll look up the thread and follow the invite.