You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color fill between lines in same layer?

I'm trying to color between lines in the same layer but I end up having to make individual closed shapes overlapping other lines just so I can get a fill to work, which ends up making the color look sloppy and not aligned with the main outline. Is there a method to doing this or am I better off manually coloring everything in with the pixel persona?

• Staff

@Quibbles Welcome to the forums.

On the odd occasion when I'm doing something similar, I've always switched to the Pixel persona and painted in the colours on a layer placed underneath the outline. you can adjust the outline layers opacity so you can see how far you can go or quickly switch to the Erase Tool to get rid of little overlaps. It also seems to provide a better layer structure, more simplified as a new layer isn't created every time you paint.