You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Choose Paper Size when Printing?

I just switched from Illustrator to Affinity Designer and I'm really impressed with everything.  However I have come up against an issue that I can't seem to figure out.

I am printing my file with a label printer that uses a custom paper size.  When I open the print dialogue the only option for Paper Size is US Letter.  I have several custom paper sizes saved in system preferences and I can use them from every other application.

What do I need to do in Affinity Designer to print custom sizes?

post-20357-0-29568600-1445386116_thumb.png

• Staff

Welcome to the forums D.Alex :)

Do you have anything listed under Presets? What other devices do you have listed under the Printer dropdown? Have you always had the warning symbol next to the printer name?

Sorry for all the questions!

I quit and reopened Affinity designer and suddenly all my print sizes came back.  I can't get the problem to repeat, so I guess everything's fine.

The warning icon is always next to that printer because I don't use the name brand paper rolls.

Thanks for looking into it.

• 4 years later...
  • Staff
On 6/26/2020 at 10:08 PM, Nia0216 said:

I am trying to create custom paper sizes when printing. It shows me in millimetres, but would prefer inches. Is there a way to change it? Also I don't know if it makes a different that its wireless print.  

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 5.07.36 PM.png

We use Apple's print window in macOS and I think you have to change units to US within System Preferences > Language & Region > Advanced > Measurement Units for this to show Inches instead of mm.