You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't log on or find the key product. The email below is the one that I purchased through

Which store did you buy AD from (Mac, Windows, or Affinity)?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello,

I have a similar issue and I might have gotten a step ahead already.
Have you created a free account?

I bought affinity designer a long time ago (still have the paypal receipt) and wanted to install the app onto another PC today (which I own and it has the same OS, which as far as I know should be covered under the same license). However I couldn't see any information about my account, which confused me. Eventually I figured out that I have ordered the license without making a free account and that was a thing I still had to do.

Sadly, with the account I still cannot see the product key which I will need to install the app onto the other PC.
So yea I'd also like to know where I could find the product key. I appreciate any help.

Th

On 5/6/2021 at 7:25 PM, Patricia Mitchell said:

I purchased the Affinity Designer today; however, when I try to log on under my email and password it states that this email does not exist. I'm using the trial l now.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Patricia. You may have missed R C-R's question, which is important to answering your question. Where did you purchase Designer?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, Mewffa said:

bought affinity designer a long time ago (still have the paypal receipt) and wanted to install the app onto another PC today (which I own and it has the same OS, which as far as I know should be covered under the same license). However I couldn't see any information about my account, which confused me. Eventually I figured out that I have ordered the license without making a free account and that was a thing I still had to do.

Sadly, with the account I still cannot see the product key which I will need to install the app onto the other PC.
So yea I'd also like to know where I could find the product key. I appreciate any help.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you purchased from Serif, via the Affinity Store, you would have an account automatically. You would not need to create one. Creating the free account is only there for users who purchase the application elsewhere.

If you have the application, but don't have an account, that is an indication that you may have purchased elsewhere, perhaps the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store, depending on the OS you use. If you did purchase from one of those other Stores, just login to that Store using the same account credentials you used for the purchase, and you should find the application in your libray of purchased programs, and you can install it to your new computer from there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you purchased from Serif, via the Affinity Store, you would have an account automatically. You would not need to create one. Creating the free account is only there for users who purchase the application elsewhere.

If you have the application, but don't have an account, that is an indication that you may have purchased elsewhere, perhaps the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store, depending on the OS you use. If you did purchase from one of those other Stores, just login to that Store using the same account credentials you used for the purchase, and you should find the application in your libray of purchased programs, and you can install it to your new computer from there.

Sorry for getting back to you so late.
I'm 100% sure I bought it directly from Serif. I never bought anything from the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store.
As I said, I bought it a long time ago and maybe it was at a time when they didn't implement accounts yet. I have tried to log in with the email I used to order the software with no success. I suppose I have to get in contact with them directly.
Thank you for welcoming me and your response, it helps knowing that I went an unusual path and there is no easy answer.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:37 AM, Mewffa said:

I couldn't see any information about my account

Where did you look for that information?

35 minutes ago, Mewffa said:

I have tried to log in with the email I used to order the software with no success.

Did you try the ‘Forgot password’ link?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

There is no Affinity account using the email address you used to sign up here.

42 minutes ago, Mewffa said:

I bought it a long time ago and maybe it was at a time when they didn't implement accounts yet

Before we had Affinity Store accounts (on https://store.serif.com/), Serif only sold on the Mac App Store. So if it's a legitimate copy it was from the Mac App Store or from our Affinity store in which case we should be able to help you. 

If the reset password approach (suggested by Alfred) does not work the easiest thing to do is email affinity@serif.com from the email address that you think you used (mentioning any others that may be worth checking) and they should be able to tell you if we have an account for you 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon