You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a file that has a recovery file attached to it upon opening. But when I say open recovery file, it is a corrupt file. So that ends there. What happens if I decline to open the recovery file, will I still be able to open a previous version of it that isn't corrupt?

6 minutes ago, evtonic3 said:

I have a file that has a recovery file attached to it upon opening. But when I say open recovery file, it is a corrupt file. So that ends there. What happens if I decline to open the recovery file, will I still be able to open a previous version of it that isn't corrupt?

Yes.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
18 hours ago, Old Bruce said:
19 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

Yes.

Provided the file itself isn't corrupted and it's only the recovery section of the file that is showing the corruption error then declining the recovery file should hopefully open the file.

If the file itself also shows a corruption error after skipping the recovery option please do let us know so we can investigate this further :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

52 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Provided the file itself isn't corrupted and it's only the recovery section of the file that is showing the corruption error then declining the recovery file should hopefully open the file.

If the file itself also shows a corruption error after skipping the recovery option please do let us know so we can investigate this further :)

Thanks. It's still corrupt after saying no to the recovery.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know and we're certainly sorry to hear that your Affinity document is no longer opening for you.

Please upload the file to us using the below link and we’ll take a further look at the file to see if we can recover any of its contents. Once uploaded please do let me know.

We would obviously also like some additional information to see if we can work out the cause of the problem and stop it happening in future. To assist this process, as well as uploading your file, please can you also tell us the following:

1. Which Operating System are you using?
2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in?
3. What drive type was the file saved to (select more than one if needed)?
Local disk
USB disk/Flash disk
Google Drive folder
OneDrive folder
iCloud folder
Dropbox folder
Network location
Other (please specify)

4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem?
(ie did the app crash whilst editing)

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6zZBg0iHcFGhcdoEN4ef

We suggest that you check to see if you have any backups of the document available in case we’re unable to recover the file. The investigation process can take some time, but we’ll be back in contact with our findings.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

43 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for letting me know and we're certainly sorry to hear that your Affinity document is no longer opening for you.

Please upload the file to us using the below link and we’ll take a further look at the file to see if we can recover any of its contents. Once uploaded please do let me know.

We would obviously also like some additional information to see if we can work out the cause of the problem and stop it happening in future. To assist this process, as well as uploading your file, please can you also tell us the following:

1. Which Operating System are you using?
2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in?
3. What drive type was the file saved to (select more than one if needed)?
Local disk
USB disk/Flash disk
Google Drive folder
OneDrive folder
iCloud folder
Dropbox folder
Network location
Other (please specify)

4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem?
(ie did the app crash whilst editing)

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6zZBg0iHcFGhcdoEN4ef

We suggest that you check to see if you have any backups of the document available in case we’re unable to recover the file. The investigation process can take some time, but we’ll be back in contact with our findings.

1. macOS Big Sur

2.MAS latest release

3.Network location

4. Can't remember if I had to force quit at the time of corruption, but I don't remember having any issues with this file up until the last save. So in other words, I opened a this file and it suddenly gave me the corrupt file message.

Uploading file.

• Staff

Many thanks for all this information and your file, I'm seeing the same error here so I have logged the file directly with our developers.

Could you please provide a little more information regarding the network location - is this a NAS? Does this NAS require any specific software for communication?

This is purely for the developers log, as the more information we can compile regarding Affinity and network devices, the easier it is for our developers to improve the stability of the apps when using these :)

Please note -

Many thanks!