You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush dynamics not working.

Hello, i’m using the latest version of affinity photo on my iPad. When i try to modify brush dynamics nothing appears to change, e.g. pressure appears to increase size, but nothing else, and when i change the size dynamic to none, and set another (accumulation) to pressure, accumulation doesn’t change but size does continue to be affected by pressure. Would appreciate  a hand.

• Staff

Hi @Tomtitomtonand Welcome to the Forums,

Couple of issues here, after you'd set the Accumulation to use Pressure, did you also have Force Pressure enabled on the brush toolbar?  As that could explain why the size was still changing.  However, there is also a bug with the Accumulation Dynamic setting, where if its not set to 100, it fails to apply.  This is already logged with the Dev team.

6 minutes ago, Cynops said:

特意去B站搜了一下,是不是火鹰阿吉。。没想到真的是你。烦死了!各种各样的BUG。

• afp-3919 这个bug有半年多了 一直没有修复 我在论坛上发了N次贴 官方说在开发团队列表上 但一直没有修复呀 不知道什么原因 实在是太不方便 

Just now, aji said:
    • afp-3919 这个bug有半年多了 一直没有修复 我在论坛上发了N次贴 官方说在开发团队列表上 但一直没有修复呀 不知道什么原因 实在是太不方便 

他们工作的时间不长,因为疫情他们好像是在家办公。一个功能修复要好几个版本才能修复,有时候还负优化,修复一个功能,然后另外一个功能又坏了。

• 2 months later...

Thanks. There appear to be a few issues trying to import photoshop brushes into affinity. Unfortunately I think PS wins in this case - I just can't seem to replicate the water colour brush effects I'm getting in PS with a wacom on my ipad or even with affinity desktop and a wacom.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

The issue "Pixel Brush Tool fails to output if using Accumulation or Flow Jitter when its not 100%" (REF: AFP-3919) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1736".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Pixel Brush Tool fails to output if using Accumulation or Flow Jitter when its not 100%" (REF: AFP-3919) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.