You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Converted lcp lens profiles not showing in AP

I have some lens profiles in lcp format. When I convert them with the lensfun converter app, I get the XML which is a v2 format. From my tests, v2 format XML works fine with AP. However, if the distortion or tca is of `model="acm"`, then the lens profile does not show.

I verified this is still a problem in 1.9.2.1035 on Windows 10 64bit.

Here is an XML snippet:

<lens>
        <maker>Nikon</maker>
        <model>Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D</model>
        <model lang="en">Nikkor AF 16mm f/2.8D Fisheye</model>
        <mount>Nikon F AF</mount>
        <cropfactor>1.0</cropfactor>
        <type>fisheye</type>
        <calibration>
            <distortion focal="16.0" k1="-0.023402" k2="-0.007713" model="acm" />
            <tca alpha0="1.000345" alpha1="-0.000020" alpha2="-0.000067" alpha3="0.000066" beta0="1.000134" beta1="0.000175" beta2="-0.000027" beta3="0.000017" focal="16.0" model="acm" />
        </calibration>
    </lens>

For test, I manually changed it to the below and it showed up in the list. I have no idea if such a conversion is valid and I don't know how to convert the XML attributes of `tca`.

<lens>
        <maker>Nikon</maker>
        <model>Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D</model>
        <model lang="en">Nikkor AF 16mm f/2.8D Fisheye</model>
        <mount>Nikon F AF</mount>
        <cropfactor>1.0</cropfactor>
        <type>fisheye</type>
        <calibration>
            <distortion focal="16.0" a="-0.023402" b="-0.007713" model="ptlens" />
        </calibration>
    </lens>

I don't know if AP does not show the `acm` based profiles because it isn't using the latest version of the lensfun library or if there are other reasons.

I am a programmer myself and I would be willing to make mods to the lensfun lcp converter - but I have no idea how to translate the `acm` attributes to `ptlens` attributes.

So a solution for me is either for AP to support the `acm` profiles or to know how to do the `acm` to `ptlens` conversion so I can write the code to do that.

• 4 months later...