You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

fill with foreground / background shortcuts

I have set command + backspace to fill foreground and ctrl + backspace to fill background.

image.png.d4102d40b99364e4fdb79366276093e8.png

I use these features many times in almost every single project I do. when I set up this hotkey and press it, nothing happens.

I've also noticed that shortcuts that include the Backspace or the Tab key may not work as expected in Affinity on Mac.
The solution is simple: use a different key.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

19 minutes ago, loukash said:

The solution is simple: use a different key.

lol. product feature is broken? don't use the feature! because I'm not already dealing with 15 other "improvements" over Photoshop... 😑

thanks for the reply anyway...at least I know I'm not crazy. 😝 maybe someone from Serif can comment about why some hotkey combinations seem to not work.

Just now, sibicle said:

product feature is broken?

I don't know. It just doesn't work as it should.

4 minutes ago, sibicle said:

why some hotkey combinations seem to not work

Maintaining keyboard shortcuts compatibility for crossplatform apps like Affinity is not a trivial thing, I guess.
And yes, there are quite a few acknowledged bugs with keyboard shortcuts:

… among others.

7 minutes ago, sibicle said:

I'm not already dealing with 15 other "improvements" over Photoshop

Heck, if I would count how often I was annoyed by Ill-frustrator's CS3/CS5 incapability to stick to those keyboard shortcuts that I wanted:P
Affinity shortcut bugs are peanuts, compared to that.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

The Affinity suite is on a good way to there. Some features are missing and some bugs need to be fixed, but overall the transition has been a pleasant experience for me. (I'm still amidst.)

Hint:
Leave the decades of Schmadobe's indoctrination and their narrow mindset behind, open your mind and accept mentally that there are different workflows in Affinity that will get you to the same objective just as well, if not even better.

Been there done that. :)

3 hours ago, sibicle said:

I have set command + backspace to fill foreground and ctrl + backspace to fill background.

image.png.d4102d40b99364e4fdb79366276093e8.png

I use these features many times in almost every single project I do. when I set up this hotkey and press it, nothing happens.

See my post on 11 January:

Hope that we have a fix before 11 January 2027.