You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v1.9.3 Freezing after every export of photo, some adjustments, and occasionally also on restart

Frustrated. Very

Programme freezes constantly, and any mouse click then just produces a sound and does nothing.

I load the programme and open a JPEG, edit it, export it successfully, and then try to either export again (for different resolution) or open a new photo. I can choose off the menu, but then the programme freezes with the mouse doing nothing, except being able to open the drop down menus, which are all greyed out. The programme will not quit except through forced apple quit.

This type of behaviour also occurs sometimes after pressing any adjustment. After I've done the adjustment (successfully) the programme freezes.

Occasionally also there on loading up as well, with drop down menus all greyed out.

Does not matter how long I wait.

I have deleted my version and reinstalled from the app store 1.9.3

Running on a 2018 mac mini with Big Sur 11.2.3, which I have restarted

I have switched hardware acceleration of and it makes no difference.

Occasionally I am asked if I want to load a recovered file. If I do, then the drop down menus are always greyed out, and the programme is frozen.