You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unusual PDF creation, requires forcing transparency

I have some PDF that are created using 1-bit postscripts, each .ps is a separate ink, what you would expect to send to a lithographic printer.

Each one has been converted to the correct ink (from black) and have been placed on top of each other in order.

Using Acrobat I can force simulated overprint to all PDFs in the preferences and the opacity is removed (white background becomes transparent on all layers except the base layer).

Is there a way of forcing this in the Affinity software? I couldn't find anything in the preferences.

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Empwan said:

Is there a way of forcing this in the Affinity software?

You are talking about Affinity software? Which application are you using? APhoto? ADesigner? APublisher? If it is Affinity Photo you can place each PDF upon another, just make sure in menu Document >> Transparent Background is ticked. Could you provide some sample to test my "thesis"?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

They PDFs are currently merged together by ESKO software. I opened the PDFs using each of the Affinity programs and they all display the PDF the same.

What I see is the last page (blue ink) and white background, any of the other pages (black, blue, green) are all hidden under the white background of the blue page. I know the pages are there as I can see the red text lines indicating a possible spelling error.

I think I may have found a workaround by selecting all layers and changing them to "darker colour".

I'll crop down a file and upload when I'm back in the office.