You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On Screen Tips in Affinity Photo

The on screen tips which appear at the bottom of the page on Affinity Photo when you are using a tool are not appearing on my computer.   I'm not sure if this is a fault with Affinity Photo or if it has something to do with how my computer is set up.   Any help would be appreciated.

@Ainslee, Welcome to the forums,

1. What OS, Windows or Mac?
  2. How are you running Photo? In separated Mode (on Mac) or Floated on Windows?
  3. Are all the Studio Tabs visible?
  4. Have you set up a Studio Preset ?

It seems by your limited description, you may have pressed the Tab key, accidentally or intentionally. The tool tips are part of the UI framework. If so, just pressing the Tab key again will bring them and the tool tips back.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

If you're on macOS and using Separated Mode, it's possible that you have simply dragged the bottom edge of the document window off the bottom of the screen. In this case dragging up and resizing the window would bring it back.

(There is a bug, which I have reported here, affecting the appearance of Status Bar tooltips in macOS Separated Mode. Not sure if it applies in this case though as it involves a particular sequence of steps and only lasts until a new tool is selected.)

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

3 hours ago, Ron P. said:

It seems by your limited description, you may have pressed the Tab key, accidentally or intentionally. The tool tips are part of the UI framework. If so, just pressing the Tab key again will bring them and the tool tips back.

I tried what you suggested and pressed the Tab key and it has miraculously brought the tips up.   Many thanks.  (Not sure if I have posted this reply in the correct place!)

Your very welcome :)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD