You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printing problem with v 1.9.2.1035

I recently upgraded to v 1.9.2.1035, and a document which has been printing perfectly and was not changed now prints shifted up - see screenshots. I tried all sorts of adjustments to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated!

Menu Screenshot.PNG

Printed Menu.png

Maybe upload the file for us to look at?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Those screenshots only show the result, we need to look at the file to see why it does that. You can upload the afpub file or ask a mod to give you a dropbox folder to upload to if you don't want the file to be on a public forum, but be aware of...

It's a lot easier if we have the actual file, this way we can test printing our end.

Are you printing directly from Affinity?

Have you tried Printing to a PDF file or saving as a PDF and printing from the PDF?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 hours ago, Daven74 said:

The file is too large, so a Dropbox folder would be appreciated. Where can I ask a mod for it?

You can attract a mod by typing The @ symbol followed by their forum name like this @Dan C

4 hours ago, Daven74 said:

But the colors are not as vivid.

Probably exported as CMYK and not sRGB

44 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

You can attract a mod by typing The @ symbol followed by their forum name like this @Dan C

However, they have asked that we not do that unless the Moderator has already participated in that topic.

At this point, the best recommendation is patience. They will be here when they can.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Actually you would be surprised how large a file can be uploaded to this forum.

On 5/4/2021 at 12:18 AM, Daven74 said:

I recently upgraded to v 1.9.2.1035, and a document which has been printing perfectly and was not changed now prints shifted up

I think there is a problem with borderless printing that does this in 1.9.2

Are you printing borderless?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I don't have a borderless printer so I can't test the above in the latest beta to see if it has been fixed.

I do know that some people have had to, previously, downgrade to 1.9.0(?) to fix the problem in order to get some work out the door

What printer (model/make) do you have as this seems to crop up a lot with Cannon printers?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Still cropping in the latest photo beta which is 1.9.4.242 as of today. Just for reference my printer is the HP Officejet Pro 8620

• Staff
On 5/6/2021 at 6:15 AM, carl123 said:

I think there is a problem with borderless printing that does this in 1.9.2

Are you printing borderless?

We are aware of some users having issues with regards to printing, borderless being one of them. These are currently with the developers to investigate further.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, BofG said:

I believe the devs are working from home and don't have access to printers. Having said that, printing has never worked well and has been buggy in pretty much every release.

Export to pdf and print from Adobe Reader. It genuinely gives a nicer print finish and it properly supports colour profiles (including cmyk ones).

Thanks but we print well over 200 prints a day and this is not an option for us as it would take way too long to export then print from another program.  I have presets set up in Affinity which makes it a breeze to print quickly. 

I can print normally with v1.91 using ICC profiles without a problem and they are perfect. 

I'm very surprised that the Affinity team haven't fixed this bug that was introduced in V1.92.  They are trying to attract businesses into using Affinity products like Publisher etc and even that can't print borderless now.  I mean, how can you use Publisher which is made for printing, and not be able to print borderless prints.  It's ridiculous and should have been fixed within days.