You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving/slicing objects from a file in Designer

Hi,

I've been looking in the forums but I can't find what I need. I have a file which has a number of objects on it. I want to save them all as individual files (eps and png with no extra space around them). I've tried slicing in the export persona, but they have the extra space. I've exported them from the regular persona (export the selection) which works beautifully, but is extremely tedious when you have a large number of files to split. 

Any ideas? Scripts/Actions? More to slicing than I understand?

I could attach a file, but I was concerned that that would be a copyright violation.
Thanks everyone.

30 minutes ago, Bryonie said:

I could attach a file, but I was concerned that that would be a copyright violation

Slices and the Export Persona should do what you need.

Can you create a sample .afdesign file that demonstrates the problem, and attach that?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

Demonstration.epsDemonstration.afdesign

Hi Walt.

Thanks so much for your help.

For example, I would like to be able to pick all the objects on the page and save them separately without any extra space around them in the final file. As a bulk process of some sort. When I try to do it in the export persona, and draw the slice box around each object, I have to get really close - there doesn't seem to be any way I can get it to crop close to each item automatically. 

I also tried selecting and doing a 'new from selection' but Designer said that I couldn't do that with what was on my clipboard and I can't find any reference to that on the web.

Bryonie

Demonstration_Heart.png

Layers panel in Export Persona, select object/s, Create Slice/s.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.