You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Finding and installing the .afbrushes

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Thekid29.

I don't recall that Designer provided any free brushes with the 1.9 install; I think everything was Assets, which you would find in the Assets panel.

You can check what was downloaded by using My Account within the application. If you click on the arrow on the left side of any item in the list, it will expand and give you some information about the files that should let you figure it out. If you try that and have any questions, please provide a screenshot so we know for sure what you're asking about.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

Also .. can I change the path to the Font DIR, or do I need to add my extra fonts into the default Microsoft location/path?

Thanks very much!

thekid29

921953076_myaccount.PNG.c74e6b934345be4909431535c5159e80.PNG

Edited by Thekid29

If you click on the arrow on the left of each entry I think you'll see that they are Assets. So you'd use them from the Assets panel in the Studio.

Fonts: Affinity desktop applications use the standard OS functions for fonts. You need to install them using standard OS functions, in standard OS locations.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4