You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, LaraJ said:

Hi, how can I save images in next-gen formats (JPEG 2000, JPEG XR, and WebP) using Affinity Photo? Thanks!

Hi @LaraJ,

as of today (1.9.2.1035), you can't - at least directly.

As a a workaround, you may export you image in a suitable intermediate format like TIFF/16 or PNG which supports the functions (bit depth, alpha channels) you need, and use another app to convert into the target format. Or you may use copy / paste between apps. But i don't need an oracle to see that won't make you happy.

The best course of action would be to file a feature request in the dedicated section of this forum (or even better, look for existing requests and add your vote). Then, don't hold your breath as Affinity doesn't provide roadmaps about future functionality.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/55-feedback-for-affinity-photo-on-desktop/

Some Excerpts from help regarding this toppic:

https://affinity.help/photo/English.lproj/pages/ExportPersona/exportSettings.html

The following general settings can be adjusted from the Export dialog:

• Format—select the format for your exported file.
    Export formats include PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PSD, PDF, SVG, EPS, EXR and HDR.

image.png.ce0410f367eede680b0b1c2858f3418d.png

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

36 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

The best course of action would be to file a feature request in the dedicated section of this forum (or even better, look for existing requests and add your vote).

If you search the forum on "WebP" you will find lots of posts asking for this.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Are we still waiting for this? When it is implemented I will buy the Affinity software suite, in the meantime I'll stick with my old PagePlus/DrawPlus/PhotoPlus

Posted by Andy Somerfield, July 10, 2020

Morning,  We have decided to implement WebP export for (hopefully) 1.9. The decision is not solely because it is now supported in Safari - although that doesn't hurt. In the time I have been working here at Serif (15+ years), there have been hundreds of "JPEG / PNG killer" file...

here's the answer

Recommended by Patrick Connor